Wednesday, May 02, 2007

"Oh Listen to, Listen to the Falling Rain"


(Should I be the President of the United States of America, I would order all the troops, every one of them, to get out of villages, towns, streets, and cities in Iraq; set up fortresses facing the towns along the two great rivers but in the desert or wilderness; and take up their positions in the new bases.

Should I be the President of the United States of America, I would build a new capital for Iraqis. I would let all the civil officers of the Iraqi Government leave Baghdad and move to the new capital, say, called "New Ur."

I would tell peace-loving Iraqi citizens to come and live in the new capital, say, called "New Ur."

Oh God, should I be the President of the United States of America, I would tell the people: "No man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles (Mark 2:22 of the King James Version)."
* * *

By the way, I found two interesting sites regarding Israelites:
http://www.bneimenashe.com/index.html;
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-sZBYgOQreqVBUFYukMRpmCLGmQ--?cq=1&p=97.
* * *

Now the last part of the so called "Golden Week" holidays or "Renkyu" has begun in Japan.

In the Edo period in Japan a few hundred years ago, city workers were given holidays only in the middle of summer and in the year-end/new-year period to the lunar calendar. But, working men in cities seem to have been in duty only for six hours or so per day. [Anyway, let's have the sabbath long enough to...])



"...So That I Was Able to Proclaim the Full Messages to All the Gentiles to Hear..."