Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A TV Set Story

[An N.K.'s nuclear bomb damaged this TV set.]
[The God persuaded me to buy this one. (This screen image is irrelevant to this report.)]
[Can you see me...Pouvez-vous me voir ?]



A TV Set Story
(Une histoire d'ensemble de TV...?)


It is only several years ago that I began to receive NHK satellite broadcast signals.

I purchased a Sony TV receiver which showed views of the earth taken from a Space Shuttle by a Japanese crew when first connected to an antenna. So, I thought this spending was blessed by the God.

When the 9/11 terror occurred in 2001, it was mainly NHK satellite news channel that I mostly watched so as to know the state of New York. As NHK relayed the US ABC News programs, it was Peter Jennings that mostly presented the live broadcast from New York for me, as one of audience in Japan.
* * *

Then a few years later, I subscribed to a cable TV broadcast service. I mostly enjoyed old Japanese movies and US History Channel, though I intently watched CNN when a big incident occurred in the world, such as the US invasion of Iraq, the Indian Ocean Great Tsunami, the Pope's death as well as the New Orleans tragedy.

At that time, I think Bill and Soledad as well as Heidi were mostly observed on my Sony TV screen as I often tuned into CNN at night in Japan.

Anyway I had been a busy man; and my Sony TV set unfortunately did not present better images for US programs via a cable tuner due to unknown problems I however did not mind much.
* * *

Then last year when North Korea blasted a nuclear bomb as their first explosion test, my Sony TV set started to malfunction as part of a great miracle. (Or more correctly just before the news flew in, my TV got damaged as if telling me North Korea finally donated their atomic bomb in the northern Korean Peninsula.)

I had to punch or tap the chassis of the TV set to start getting images. For a few months, I practiced this way to trigger TV picture display. Anyway, my favorite TV programs in those days were sports programs, such as live broadcasting of female volleyball games and female figure skating competitions. So, there were no problems for my punching and hitting my TV set to get pictures.
* * *

Then early this year, at last, my punching and tapping did not work any more.

So, I connected a wire from a cable TV tuner to an LCD display monitor of my Fujitsu PC. It worked.

As I did this change of monitor connection in one morning of January, I happened to view clearly a US TV program unlike before. It looks like having discovered new people on a TV screen without confusion of personalities any more.

Then I decided to purchase a new flat panel display TV set; so, my flat-panel-display TV viewing just started in January this year, so humbly.

Though I had been a busy man, one of my missions ended at the end of 2006. Then I decided to write more for the blog EEE Reporter in 2007, which made me feel like checking US TV programs more intently. So, anyway, I needed a better TV set.

The new flat panel display TV presented more clear pictures than the old Sony set.

Inevitably, my new flat panel display TV also showed more clearly Japanese TV announcers. Though I had thought for a long time that the only beautiful female TV personality in Japan is NHK's Ms. Kuniya, I found there were more.
* * *

In short, I had not liked to spend much money for TV viewing, for a long time for a certain personal reason no one would know forever.

But, a Sony TV set and satellite TV programs were useful for checking the 9/11 terror and other subsequent global incidents.

And, when North Korea tested its nuclear bomb last year, my Sony TV set got half-broken.

Then, from this January, I started to use a flat panel display TV set to get higher quality of pictures.

Indeed, it is God who had persuaded me to buy the Sony TV set and then the flat panel display TV set.

Truly, God is merciful and He is the very Creator of the universe and mankind.


(In addition, my CD/tape player was also half-broken a few years ago. And, when North Korea blasted a nuclear bomb, its CD function got completely halted.

Anyway it is convenient to copy contents of music CDs into one of my PCs to listen to them. But, my only concern now is if I should copy contents of analogue music tapes, old and new, into a PC in digital format instead of playing them with my half-broken CD/tape player.

Probably, I will not. Music tapes containing "Jet" and so on should be left and forgotten someday.

Truly, in some of these days, you will miss me honey, even if you are, say, in Paris.)




"...He must become more important while I become less important..."