Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Tears of Christ or The Tears of the Pacific




The Tears of Christ or The Tears of the Pacific
(Les larmes du Christ ou les larmes du Pacifique)




Now it is 2 p.m. of Sunday in Japan (though this posting to blog will be a few hours later).

I woke up past the noon today for some reasons.

Last night a rare late October typhoon approached the Kanto Plane (with Tokyo at its southern end), bringing much rain.

So, I bought a comic as a rare occasion last night. It is one of the latest versions of "San-Choume-no-Yuhi" (sunset in the third district), which is popular in Japan and even made into a film (http://www.always3.jp/05/ ). From a story in the comic I learnt how to check if a hamster enters into hibernation or gets dead from cold (though I don't want to be bothered by any other creatures than a human being).

Once Tokyo Governor Mr. Shintaro Ishihara said that then Chief Cabinet Secretary Mr. Yasuo Fukuda looked like a head of a girls high school. But, I found Prime Minister Mr. Fukuda of Japan somehow looks like a corporate employee, depicted in a story of "San-Choume-no-Yuhi" created by Mr. Ryouhei Saigan, who has got a late promotion to a manager when he has become 40 years old.
http://jetengine.net/c/log/2001_10131745.html

Anyway, as I woke up so late, I thought that the third game of the Major League Baseball's World Series must have been over. Then I checked the New York Times online to find that the game was still in the seventh inning. So, I turned on my flat panel display TV to enjoy the proceeding of the game which has ended with the RedSox's third win. Japanese players caught big attentions, nicely or disappointingly.

Then I checked how many hits I could get when trying the search with a key word "a kind Japanese man" over the Internet, using an English search engine. I happened to find one as follows, though the focus of the writing seems to be a kind of wine called "The Tears of Christ."
http://www.hevanet.com/kort/OLSSON2.HTM
(From the above site, to a linked cartoon site if you like, too:
http://www.cagle.com/ )


Now, the sun is shining all over the Kanto Plain as the typhoon No. 20 has gone to the Northern Pacific off the northeast Japan Arc to degrade into an extra-tropical cyclone.

I've got a few things to do today yet (though I woke up past the noon today for some reasons you never know so innocently if you go to church every Sunday morning).



"...and all who touched it were made well..."

(Und alle, die es taten, wurden gesund.)