Monday, April 09, 2012

I was walking in an area around the Tokyo Station.

There was a lane between rows of buildings which had boulevard cherry trees.  What made me surprise was some groups of people were sitting under cherry trees and holding a Japanese style of party.  Restaurants on the lane also provided tables under cherry trees so that their customers could eat and drink under cherry trees.  The lane was somehow crowded, but cars were prevented from coming in with security guards at the both ends of the lane.  So, they were enjoying cherry blossom viewing parties just within hundred meters from the Tokyo Station, the traffic center of Japan.

And, there is one underground railroad station of Japan Railways, which is not a city traffic company or a subway company, next to the Tokyo Station, though there are several stations which are adjacent to Tokyo.  It was built in 1972.  But strangely for the first time I used the station on this Sunday.


And on this day, I was wearing a new wrist watch and new shoes as I purchased them last Saturday very economically, but I purchased a $25 book on this day in a shop near the Tokyo Station.