Friday, May 31, 2013

"If I bear witness of myself" - Sincerity and Humor


Mt. Aizu-Bandai, East Fukushima Prefecture, Japan, in Early May

Sincerity and Humor

Words Japanese like are efforts (doryoku), sincerity (seijitsu), gratitude (kansya/arigato), and so on.

But it is said that Russians include humor in words they like.

And it is beyond Japanese imagination that some foreigners like the word humor.  Of course, the concept humor can be found in the original Japanese culture, but usually we use the English word humor, though in Japanese pronunciation, as it is to mean humor.

Under influence of Buddhism and Confucianism, humor has not been respected in Japan.

And in the Bible, I cannot find many occasions where Christ Jesus showed or expressed His sense of humor.

So, humor might be a kind of luxury for those who need help from Christ Jesus and the God.  Some rich and happy people might enjoy humor in a different manner from some poor and unhappy people.  Humor might work to make a rich man forget his sin.



*** *** *** ***


Joh 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
Joh 5:32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.