Thursday, September 26, 2013

"of him shall the Son of man be ashamed" - Old Stories of Minorities


Toward Tokyo Railroad Station


Old Stories of Minorities


An old story of an African American man:

Once a hard-working African American was forced to work for a European American family in their farmland as a slave.

He worked honestly in the field.  But one day he saw two young boys of his master playing in a boat in a river near the mansion house of the family.  But  the river was not so calm on the day.  Besides water current suddenly changed around the boat.  The two boys could not control the boat now violently circling in the middle of the river.  The mother of the two white boys came out of the house, shouting at the slave, "Save my two boys!  I am not so young; I cannot have other children!  Rescue my two boys!"

So, the African American jumped in the river.  While almost being drowned, he swam to the boat and got in it.  He then rowed the boat to the shore with the two little boys in safety.

So, afterwards the father of the two children said to the slave, "I like you.  My wife likes you.  My boys like you.  So, you will be set free if you work hard for one more year in my field."

The slave worked for one more year very honestly.  Accordingly the master told him that he was free now.  The white man gave his ex-slave some clothes and other goods as humble gifts or salary.  Then the African American started to walk out of the farm land of his ex-mater with a stick on the shoulder at the end of which a bundle of the clothes and goods he received was tied.

Then the white man shouted at the free black man, "I like you; my wife likes you;
and my boys like you.  But remember that you are still a negro!   I like you; my wife likes you;
and my boys like you.  But remember that you are still a negro! "

So, the African American man decided to walk as far as possible, probably, to Canada.   He thought his future children and descendants should also continue to walk as far as possible.


An old story of a Judaist:

There once lived a poor Judaist living a humble life.

His neighbor was a rich pagan who one day met a prophet.  The prophet said to the greedy man, "Your fortune will be all someday your neighbor's."

So, the pagan man sold all his assets and treasure.  And with money he got he bought one big pearl.  The rich pagan hid the pearl in his hat to leave the town.  He traveled along a river, but a strong wind blew to carry his hat into the river.  Some fish came close to the hat in the water.

Days, months, or maybe years passed.  And the poor and humble Judaist bought a big fish from a fisherman who came to sell fish in the town.  When the Judaist cooked the fish, he found a big pearl inside it.  He sold it to be rich.  And the poor and humble Judaist could live in affluence.

The poor and humble Judaist was now no more poor and humble.  He became a rich Judaist, happily.




*** *** *** ***


Luk 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.