Wednesday, June 04, 2014

"thine alms may be in secret" - Hit by the Globe




Rice Fields around Tokyo


Hit by the Globe

One night I was watching a small and orange ladybug clinging to a big leaf of a small house plant I arranged to enjoy its leaves.

The plant was put in a coffee cup placed on the floor, or I had put it there a few years ago.  This tropical plant had survived two winters while I only poured water in it once a month or so without taking any other care.  And, at the night I happened to find a small and orange ladybug clinging to one of its big leaves.  It moved to the tip of the leaf when I checked it later.

I don't like to have any living things in my room.  But as the insect looked so harmless, I decided not to do anything with it.  However, I moved the vase or the coffee cup on the floor closer to the window to have the plant absorb more sun light in the day.

A few hours later I wanted to move a terrestrial globe put on a book shelf placed near the window, since I was tidying up book shelves and book boxes in my room in these days.  At the same time, I wanted to more open the window as it felt stifling.

But the moment I opened the window wider and pushed a curtain around, the globe fell from the book shelf so suddenly that I could not catch it at all.  The globe hit the leafy plant and the coffee cup keeping the plant inside.  They fell sidelong on the floor.  I soon checked the bug only in vain.  It wasn't on the big leaf now touching the floor.  So, I  raised the coffee cup and the plant to find a speck on the floor, a little orange.  I took it into a Kleenex to confirm it was the ladybug crushed by the globe when it fell from the book shelf.

I knew that God took life from the bug.  But why?

He taught me that my life is always in His hand.  And instead of taking my life on this occasion, He took it from the small and orange bug.

But it looked like a miracle that the globe could correctly hit the bug on the tip of the leaf while giving no chances to the bug so that the poor insect could just run or fly away before it sensed the falling globe on it.

This is a story of a small and orange ladybug hit by the globe.


http://www.scenicreflections.com/download/591718/Ladybug_in_flight_Wallpaper/




*** *** *** ***





Mat 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.