Wednesday, May 17, 2017

"My Father worketh hitherto" - Jesus in Quran and Qumran


Around the National Diet (Parliament) Bldg., Tokyo


Jesus in Quran and Qumran

There are not many authentic and historic documents proving existence of Christ Jesus.  Put simply, it is said that the four Gospels are the only authentic and historic documents describing Christ Jesus and proving His existence.

However, there is another authentic and historic document that refers to Christ Jesus.  It is the Quran.  Although the Quran was written 600 hundred year after the birth of Christ Jesus, it is a holy book based on words of God given to Muhammad.  Therefore we have to trust its descriptions about Christ Jesus even if the Quran  cannot be an objective and historic report.
Sura 19, Mary (Maryam)
[19:29] She pointed to him. They said, "How can we talk with an infant in the crib?"
[19:30] (The infant spoke and) said, "I am a servant of GOD. He has given me the scripture, and has appointed me a prophet.
[19:31] "He made me blessed wherever I go, and enjoined me to observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and the obligatory charity (Zakat) for as long as I live.
[19:32] "I am to honor my mother; He did not make me a disobedient rebel.
[19:33] "And peace be upon me the day I was born, the day I die, and the day I get resurrected."
The Quran tells that Christ Jesus was born, died, and got resurrected.  So, we should believe that Christ Jesus came back to life after the Crucifixion.  We should accept that Christ Jesus existed as a historical fact.

But an issue remains about where Christ Jesus went after the resurrection.  The modern science could not accept an idea that He was uplifted to Heaven as a living man.  So, Christ Jesus traveled to some unknown place and hid Himself from the public.

And, in my theory, the most plausible place Jesus went to after the Resurrection is Qumran where the dead sea scrolls were discovered after WWII.
Extraordinary Evidence About Jesus in the Dead Sea Scrolls 
In 1991 the world was astonished to hear that one of the unpublished scrolls included incredible references to a "Messiah" who suffered crucifixion for the sins of men. The scroll was translated by Dr. Robert Eisenman, Professor of Middle East Religions of California State University. He declared, "The text is of the most far-reaching significance because it shows that whatever group was responsible for these writings was operating in the same general scriptural and Messianic framework of early Christianity." Although the original scroll team still claimed that there was no evidence about early Christianity in the unpublished scrolls, this new scroll totally contradicted their statements. This single scroll is earth-shaking in its importance. As Dr. Norman Golb, Professor of Jewish History at the University of Chicago said, "It shows that contrary to what some of the editors said, there are lots of surprises in the scrolls, and this is one of them." 
This scroll confirms the historical truthfulness of the New Testament record about Jesus and His crucifixion. The evidence from the scroll suggests that the Jewish Essene writer acknowledged that Jesus of Nazareth was the "suffering Messiah" who died for the sins of His people.
http://www.grantjeffrey.com/article/article1.htm 




**** **** ****


Joh 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
Joh 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.