Wednesday, October 18, 2023

"I have power to take it again" - How to Live and Die Properly even in Japan

 

A Park around Tokyo in Autumn

How to Live and Die Properly even in Japan

Once in Japan, a grandmother, at the age of more than 90 years, of an ordinary family had been long hospitalized although her conditions got more deteriorated, so that her grand-daughter decided to take her grandmother to her home to have her grandmother have peace time till her death.  Then a daughter, namely the mother of the grand-daughter, moved in her daughter's home to take care her mother.

The grandmother suddenly started to show stable conditions, painting pictures, writing sentences, watching the TV in her chair, etc.  As she had been the wife of a Christian priest, she even played piano for her daughter singing hymns.  She also regularly prayed for her daughter and grand-daughter's family.  She said that it was an only job for her to be able to do in this situation.  

She also read a newspaper everyday, commenting on tragic articles such as natural disasters and wars as well as their victims, as if she had been a priest herself.  She showed a good example as a good Christian to her daughter, grand-daughter, and grand-daughter's family.  She preened herself every morning, although she was old, frail, and sick.

But one morning, at breakfast the grandmother disgorged water from her mouth.  So, a medical doctor was called in.  It was advised to take her to a hospital.  An ambulance was called.  She did not preen herself that morning for the first time in her life.  

While waiting for the ambulance, her grand-daughter's children sang hymns with their great-grandmother slightly singing the hymns together.  And when the ambulance arrived, she shaped up and delivered a short farewell speech with gratitude to all surrounding her.  But, when she got in the ambulance, she suddenly collapsed and died.

Her daughter recalled that her mother woke up every morning, saying that she came back from the death again.  And, her mother had lived a life of honorable poverty as the wife of a priest.  But, her mother died properly with her loving family members.  She thought that it was a good Christian life and death. 

This is one report among more than hundreds sent to a magazine company asking readers to send stories of death of their family members.  And it is a rare one, since Christians are rare in Japan.                 

Indeed, for followers to Christ Jesus to live is to pray for others.  And to die is to die with hymns being sung around.  So, many angels must have sung hymns around Christ Jesus dying on the cross.  Satan and evil spirits must have been dispersed with these hymns being sung in the spirit world.  Good defeats evil with prayers and hymns at last. 


++++ ++++ ++++
John 10, King James Version
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.