Thursday, April 02, 2009

"But By Every Word "





"But By Every Word"

(Farewell to Wealth and Abominable Dream)


I don't know who the Japanese is, though he sporadically writes blog messages from Wall Street, New York.

(http://wallstny.exblog.jp/)

Therein he has introduced a letter an AIG employee wrote to his boss, by quoting an article of The New York Times.

---------------------------------------------------
DEAR Mr. Liddy,
It is with deep regret that I submit my notice of resignation from A.I.G. Financial Products. I hope you take the time to read this entire letter….

You and I have never met or spoken to each other, so I’d like to tell you about myself. I was raised by schoolteachers working multiple jobs in a world of closing steel mills. My hard work earned me acceptance to M.I.T., and the institute’s generous financial aid enabled me to attend. I had fulfilled my American dream...

---------------------------------------------------

At this part, I thought that I found that mentality of such an elite employee was one of the reasons for the AIG's debacle.

You should not use such words as "M.I.T." or "American dream" while you write something to appeal to very poor people in the world.

Anyway, let's continue to check it.

---------------------------------------------------
That is why I have decided to donate 100 percent of the effective after-tax proceeds of my retention payment directly to organizations that are helping people who are suffering from the global downturn. This is not a tax-deduction gimmick; I simply believe that I at least deserve to dictate how my earnings are spent, and do not want to see them disappear back into the obscurity of A.I.G.’s or the federal government’s budget. Our earnings have caused such a distraction for so many from the more pressing issues our country faces, and I would like to see my share of it benefit those truly in need….

On March 16 I received a payment from A.I.G. amounting to $742,006.40, after taxes...


http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/25/opinion/25desantis.html?pagewanted=2&_r=3&th&emc=th
---------------------------------------------------

It is enough. It is still a long way for this American to become a true hero in the world where "MIT," "Wall Street," and "American Dream" never earn respect.

But, if a young bureaucrat of the Japanese Government repents in his way of professional life and starts to work in NGO or something like that to help poor people, say, in Iraq, Afghanistan, or a Caribbean country, he would actually give up a life-time benefit of hundreds of millions of yen or millions of dollars.

All an ex-AIG employee should say is "This is not a right thing for an American Christian to do! The AIG business is not righteous business."

Indeed, life insurance must not be provided on a business base. Capitalism invaded this forbidden sector by mistake a very long time ago. From the beginning, AIG and the like are wrong companies.

*** *** *** ***

This evening Ms. Hiroko Kuniya, a veteran Japanese female TV presenter, addressed a state of learning English in Japanese business communities.

In Japan, you can be as rich as those rich Asians and Africans who speak English and French very fluently, even if you cannot speak English at all, since Japan itself is one independent and affluent civilization.

So, basically there is no incentive for Japanese people to learn how to speak English fluently, since in Japan you can be as rich as those rich Americans who speak English very fluently, even if you cannot speak English at all, since Japan itself is one independent and affluent civilization.

Yet, I sometimes marvel at the ability some non-natural-bilingual Japanese experts exhibit in understanding what American counterparts say; One example might be Mr. Heizo Takenaka, a notable economist and ex-state minister of Japan.

But, if they can discuss all the agendas in Japanese in the Davos Conference and the G20 Summit Meeting, those sessions would be more fruitful, in my judgment, since the modern Japanese language completely covers both all the Asian concepts and all the European concepts in its representation space and expression feeling.




(Comment pouvez-vous entendre tous les mots de Dieu, tout en étant tentée par un fond mélodie? That is why not all the girls are allowed to enter Heaven... 

http://www.fukuchan.ac/music/latin/hohonikakarunamida.html)





Mat 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

Mat 4:2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

Mat 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.