Friday, July 24, 2009

"And It Fell Not"




(To Tokyo-Narita Air Port)


Two Sources of Evil of Civilization: Cars and Air Ports

When I was young, tragedies caused by industrial pollution started to catch eyes of the people in Japan and the U.S.

Accordingly, I decided not to get a driver's license, for cars were said to be a major source of pollution.

Indeed, decades ago, nobody talked about development of hybrid cars or electric cars.

Today, global warming has driven some people crazy to shout the need for reduction of CO2 in the air, leading to a boom of hybrid cars in Japan and the U.S.

The reason why I do not trust global elites who are now behaving like heroes to save the world through CO2 reduction is that I am sure that they never decided not to get a driver's license so as to prevent pollution decades ago or when they were young.

As for myself, I later got a driver's license for my mission around Tokyo, since the Japanese industry achieved high-quality of energy-saving technology and China came to look like going to advance into a huge market of automobiles.

When I was young, I saw many stupid Japanese people behaving more foolish after coming back from abroad, especially from Europe and America.

Indeed, traveling abroad is the easist way to feel like a hero when you come back home. You do not have to make any sincere efforts in school or a workshop, but just go abroad to be a hero at home when coming back. It is cheap and sly to become a populer person in this way.

Besides, Narita Airport was once a battle field between the Government and left-wing activists. Though it was a deplorable conflict over the Government's arrogant attitude to buy out the land for the air port, something deeply rooted in human rights and justice was involved.

So, I decided not to go abroad using Narita Airport though the insurgents were wiped away and the construction of the airport was proceeding well.

That is why I do not trust any Japanese human-right activists who use Narita Airport without hesitation, since they look like trying to be heroes using the once-bloody runways in a cheap manner of going abroad.

That is also why I did not respect Mother Teresa and Pope John Paul II who without hesitation used Narita Airport, making stupid Japanese people more long for overseas trips.

Cars and international traveling from Narita Airport were once the two most abominable things for me.

Today, I can drive a car in my way and I can fly to any country in my way even through Narita; but I do not trust those who have never passed this test on a car and Narita Airport: Bad guys drove cars and fools flew from Narita.
*** *** *** ***

It was in late 1980's or early 1990's that my car got a trouble in an expressway of a big city in Western Japan, since I drove all the way for 550Km from Tokyo Expressway.

It was midnight and other cars were running at a speed of 80Km, or 100Km or more per hour.

The engine of my car got a trouble so that it suddenly could not run at a speed of more than 30Km per hour.

I could have stopped the car and made hazard lamps on, waiting for reuse, though cellular phones were not so available in those days.

Yet, other cars passing by, being driven by young men in the midnight in an expressway of a big city in Western Japan, made me feel it dangerous to urgently park the car on the non-free raised high-way.

So, I drove my car at the speed of 30Km per hour or so for 10 kilo-meters or so to reach a safe exit from the dangerous midnight loop expressway.

Though, even on ordinary city roads, some other cars were actually running at a speed of 80Km, or 100Km per hour, I could manage to drive my half-broken car for 15 or 20Km to my destination.

So, if you have a driving skill to drive your car at a speed of 17 miles per hour for half an hour among hundred or more cars running at 70 miles or more per hour in the midnight two-lane city expressway surrounded by raised concrete walls, a car cannot be your source of blessing...



Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.