Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rainbows from the Setting Sun






This evening I went out without carrying my main digital camera but a cellular phone equipped with a camera(s).

It is so, since the God told me to go northwest and southwest.

Then I reached some point where I found a rainbow(s), though what was visible was only a vertical portion, while the sun was going to set.

I thought I should have brought at least my secondary digital camera with me but I tried a camera on the cellular phone. And, it was my first trial of using a camera function of this camera-embedded cell-phone, since I do not trust a smart machine of any sort.

These two pictures above, each showing a rainbow, were taken this way using the phone camera while the sun was going to hide behind far mountains in the opposite direction.

(Even after the sun completely set, the rainbow somewhat remained.)

It is once a year or two that I encounter a rainbow nowadays; so this is a miracle.

Besides, at the extension of the bottom part of the rainbow lies Tokyo-Shinjuku skyscrapers. I rather judged that the lower end of the rainbow pointed at the Tokyo Metropolitan Public Office Building.

Though in these pictures only one identical vertical rainbow was displayed, there was another vertical-portion rainbow beside it, though a little shorter and thinner.

My interpretation of this miracle is that it is related to my trip to the Tokyo Metropolitan Public Office Building I made two weeks ago.

Anyway, I have found that this mobile phone can be connected directly with a PC via a USB cable, so that image files inside the phone can be easily accessed and copied from a PC.

(Another interpretation is that the rainbows reflect love, though I know only a few love the God at that moment...)

Mt. Fuji was covered by clouds 100Km far. Some swallows agilely gliding, tilting their posture, showing a white belly, flew around and away as the dusk was proceeding into night.

This is an incident of a summer evening around Tokyo: a miracle of the rainbows as you see here.