Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Suruga Bay 2800 Meters Deep


(The Suruga Bay, 30Km south of Mt. Fuji)



I spent two hours or so on the shore of the Suruga Bay, today.

It is because a large earthquake occurred there several days ago disrupting a main road-traffic between Tokyo and Kyoto/Osaka.

Further, a great earthquake is expected to occur in a specified Pacific coast area, including the Suruga Bay (max. 8500 feet deep within its radius of 50km), in a decade or two with a magnitude enough to claim thousands deaths.

So, I have been there today, as a servant of the God Almighty who created the Japanese Islands and the earth.

By the way, it was not so hot today on the shore. I did not feel the sweltering heat of the de facto tropical summer we usually experience in Japan in August. It was rather like a July morning while I got there around 2:30 p.m.

Hence I took more than 400 pictures today on my day trip, each one by one with an out-of-date bulky optical 10X and 2048x1536 pixel digital camera.

(http://www.toshiba.co.jp/mobileav/camera/allegretto/products/m700/index_j.htm)