Sunday, September 26, 2010





Some English learning site for Japanese introduces the following jokes:

1. I read so much about the bad effects of smoking, so I decided to quit reading.

[...though I started to read those brochures to just see how useless reading them was.]

2. I quit smoking. I feel better, I smell better, and it's safer to drink from old beer cans around the kitchen.

[...though I have decided to buy an ash tray in case.]


(http://www.talkles.com/alex/20062131527.php)

Prices of cigarettes are to be raised in Japan from October 1, soon. An ordinary pack sold at 300 yen ($3.5) will be priced at 440 yen ($5.2). Accordingly, probably millions of people are now stocking up with packs or cartons of tobaccos.

I have never hoarded cigarettes on any such occasions in the past. It might be based on a very strong motivation deep inside my mind. But, "tobaccos" and "money saving" are a very sinful combination. "Tobaccos" and "money losing" can be a less sinful combination.


Everything achieved by chance is sometimes very powerful in terms of commercial or practical value.

"Accidental Inventions"
1. The Popsicle
2. The Microwave
3. Ice Cream Cone
4. Champagne
5. Brandy
6. Post-It Notes
7. Potato chips/crisps
8. Penicillin
9. The Pacemaker
10. Superglue


http://popularemails.com/accidentalinventions.htm


As I mentioned, the most primitive and largest miracle for mankind is:

The sun and the moon look like having the same size from the earth while some members of Primates are evolving into mankind.

Effects this situation has had on the evolution of mankind are beyond description in my feeling.


Anyway, funny, stupid, satisfied, and awful can be adjectives for feelings in a day of a humble man to disappear before the sun and the moon, if not before his wife smoking so much even while brushing her teeth.