Sunday, August 24, 2014

"I see men as trees, walking" - Shakespeare's Best Bed



Tokyo Bay to the Pacific Ocean


Shakespeare's Best Bed


There are too little letters or any other writings by Shakespeare except plays and poets.

It is said that other authors and dramatists who lived in the same era as Shakespeare also did not leave many documents and records about themselves except their works.  So, it might not be strange or mysterious that today we have only a few pubic records on William Shakespeare and few personal letters written by him.

However, it is apparent that Shakespeare had strong connections with some noblemen and business people in England at the time.  He must have wrote some personal and business letters to them.  Shakespeare's theatrical company was also authorized by the British royal court.  Then, officials must have mentioned Shakespeare in writing some reports or records.  But, there are no such examples.

I think that papers with the name of Shakespeare on were destroyed on purpose.  The British court must have tried to deny relationship with Shakespeare.  Noblemen and business men who received letters from Shakespeare destroyed such letters, following an instruction to do so by officials.

Probably, it is because Shakespeare was found to have some secret linkage to Catholics who were regraded as a kind of terrorists.  But to save the face of King James I who officially authorized  Shakespeare's theatrical company, Shakespeare must have been killed secretly, for example, with poison.

I think that those agents who killed Shakespeare also intervened in writing of Shakespeare's will.  They added a sentence that the second best bed would be bequeathed to his wife, since there was evidence of poisoning Shakespeare left in the best bed where Shakespeare had been when he died.

The famous sentence that humiliated Shakespeare's wife was written not by her husband Shakespeare but by some agents sent from London to kill him with poison.  They needed to try to conceal any evidence of their crime.  So, the best bed of Shakespeare was secretly disposed of eventually.
Who got shakespeare's best bed? 
gormenghast10014  
Shakespeare's Will leaves his second best bed to his wife. He makes no mention of his best bed. The remainder of the goods and chattels that were not bequethed were left to his daughter, Susanna and her husband, so they probably got the best bed:
"Item I gyve unto my wief my second best bed with the furniture; Item I gyve and bequeath to my saied daughter Judith my broad silver gilt bole.  
All the rest of my goodes Chattels, Leases, plate, jewles and Household stuffe whatsoever after my dettes and Legasies paied and my funerall expences discharged, I gyve devise and bequeath to my Sonne in Lawe John Hall gent and my daughter Susanna his wief whom I ordaine and make executors of this my Last will and testament"  
http://www.bardweb.net/will.html
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0SO8wuPCPpTW_wAX.ZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzaTZhMTZnBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1NNRTY0MV8x?qid=20080211134845AAmKQ5Y


So, we can understand why the epitaph carved into the stone slab covering Shakespeare's grave includes a curse:
Good friend, for Jesus' sake forbear,
To dig the dust enclosed here.
Blessed be the man that spares these stones,
And cursed be he that moves my bones.
The very evidence of poison, namely the dead body of Shakespeare, was concealed forever.  The agents probably sent by King James I did a good job in a sense. 

Otherwise, why did just a dramatist, Shakespeare, have to write such a curse while he was so successful and even got authorized by King James I?


For more discussions, refer to another posting:
Little Attention to Shakespeare's Deathhttp://eereporter.blogspot.jp/2014/08/thy-heart-is-not-right-in-sight-of-god.html






*** *** *** ***



Mar 8:24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
Mar 8:25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.