Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Princess Diana (and Charles Chaplin)

Princess Diana (and Charles Chaplin)


As it has come to be a decade since the death of Princess Diana, I would like to present a poem which I hope will be associated with the late Princess, whenever sound citizens cast their minds back to the unhappy and symbolic lady in England.
(You may be allowed to personally attach a melody and rhythm to sing like a singer-songwriter.)
* * *

A Red, Red Rose
.......................................Robert Burns
My love is like a red, red rose
That's newly sprung in June:

My love is like the melody
That's sweetly played in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in love am I:
And I will love thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun:
And I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only love.
And fare thee weel a while!
And I will come again, my love,
Thou' it were ten thousand mile.
* * *

I do not know if Mr. Larry King of CNN has ever interviewed Princess Diana and Mother Teresa, though these two 20th-century heroines are foreigners for Americans.

Yet, somebody should have listened to these ladies before they left this world so as to (give some protection and) record their valuable experiences and lessons for American people who are now destined to pass through the era of the War on Terror.

(The fact that Mr. Osama Bin Laden invited a US interviewer into his hide-out in Afghanistan in 1998, after the tragedy of Princess Diana, is also suggestive.

And, Mohamed Atta, an Egyptian like the close and romantic associate of Princess Diana, might have been influenced by the 1997 fatal accident on Princess Diana, resulting in his participation in the 9/11 attacks.)
* * *

Based on my preference, Princess Diana should have kept company with such a man as Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin.

A devil sometimes appears, pretending a clown. On the other hand, there are many world leaders who are at pains just trying hard not to look like a clown.

So then, somebody that honestly plays his role as an occasional clown might look so honest and wonderful to some girls in the upper classes.

Of course, Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin is very different from a clown.

It may be the time, however, for world prominent figures to seriously consider employing the spirit of "Chaplin" as precaution not to become a real clown and no to resort to a wicked design.


"WITH ALL BOLDNESS AND FREEDOM"