Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Georges Rouault

last night... I got it...since it got into my room through the door sacrificing its life while I did my best to save its life...(Ah, mon Dieu.)



Georges Rouault


When I was a schoolboy, of course in Japan, I was not good at painting, so that I had a hard time to paint a picture as an assignment during summer vacation every year.
* * *

Today, though I do not paint pictures as a hobby, I can enjoy or reject paintings by certain artists.

In my opinion, pictures by Cezanne are nice, though I cannot recall many of his paintings.
(http://www.korega-art.com/cezanne/)

Other painters from Gogh to Picasso are controversial. I cannot judge Rouault.

Japanese ink paintings are nice. Wabi/sabi is nice, too. I will enjoy them later when I get very old. I will draw four seasons on a scroll like Sesshu.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sessh%C5%AB_T%C5%8Dy%C5%8D)

But, most of modern paintings seem to have less value nowadays, since we can easily apply the patterns and combination of colors to our own by use of a computer.

Yes, though just on a sudden impulse and an idea, I suppose a computer program for automatic painting, based on requirement on contents a user can input, may become a big hit.

For example, a user may input a specification, such as "a picture like Picasso's in his 30's that fits a feeling when listening to a typical symphony of Mozart." Then a computer program should display on a computer screen scores of candidate pictures it creates in a very short time. The user can choose one of them and print it with a special printer.
* * *

Jesus Christ did not paint a picture or make a drawing.

But, He had been a carpenter. Neither a school teacher, a doctor, a lawyer, an officer, a politician, a paid priest, a paid Pope, nor an artist.

Indeed you must not be called with "sir."

But, you have to be an engineer, a factory worker, a machine operator, a manual laborer, a construction worker, or a carpenter, if you are a man.

Computer programmers may be overlooked, as they often use such terms as architecture, building, construction, components, and modules.
* * *

Jesus Christ did not paint a picture or make a drawing.

I have never had myself painted by anybody including myself. Have you?

But, how would Jesus Christ portray you, if He so agrees to do?

You cannot escape his judgment, can you? Probably, most of you cannot stand your portrayal painted by Jesus Christ. I am also afraid of the painter Jesus Christ.

Now you know why Jesus Christ said that you have to be like a child to enter Heaven.

No children will run away from before the painter Jesus Christ, if He so agrees to be.
* * *

Yesterday, I saw two blind young ladies walking with a white stick each.

They might have more accurate images on God and Jesus Christ than I can.

Indeed, art is an international language. Zaijian!


(A very humble reduced-size photo of a picture of the Messiah by Georges Rouault has been displayed near my PC for many years.
[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Rouault ].

Now you can do your homework on painting. Annyeong-hi gyeseyo!)



"...He turns darkness into daylight and day into night..."