Sunday, May 16, 2010

Un Voilier







Once the Bay of Tokyo was so close to the Edo (Chiyoda) Castle, presently the Imperial Palace, where the head (shogun) of the Tokugawa samurai government resided.

Today, a vast coastal area into the Tokyo Bay was reclaimed and used as industrial/business districts and the residential space.

I saw young children walking and riding on a bicycle on the street of such a residential quarter, musing, "Ah, this reclaimed ground full of high-rise condominiums a few kilometers south of the Tokyo Station has become their home town!"

Afterwards, I saw one homeless man resting at a corner near one entrance to the Tokyo Station. Then I saw another begging money from foreigners passing by. Yet, they were all the confirmed homeless persons today.

So logically, I peacefully got on a train to come back home, though today a notable Japanese sailing ship (un voilier) did not spread sail since it was an event of yesterday as I checked it with a staff member at the pier.

In short, I did not encounter a provoking affair today around the Tokyo Bay, since I took 400 pictures in four hours, consuming fully four 1.5V alkaline batteries though I carried another set of four in the pocket of my suit.

But, how grandly nice it would have looked if she had been with all the white sails set, even in my pictures (matching Mt. Fuji)! Oh, you should have watched the state.



(...Now, it is time to turn off the television as it is 00:04 of Monday in Japan Time.)